Saturday, December 9, 2017

Miranda Ashcroft, Authorized Bounty Hunter

Hey Friends!

I know it's been a while since my last post.  So hopefully my return will bring you some enjoyable pictures of my latest work.  I do enjoy my job, but the commute is a real killer for my painting motivation.  It generally takes me 1 hour and 15 minutes to get to work and the same amount of time to come home, so most nights I just don't feel like painting much after a long day.  But, I have been painting and finally got around to taking some pictures.  So at least I have several blog posts coming up soon.

Today's post is a mercenary figure that can be used by a lot of factions in Infinity (the game).  Miranda is the typical rich girl gone bad, except her version of "bad" is becoming a bounty hunter and gun for hire.  Although cut-off from most of the family fortune, she still has enough tucked away to be able to afford some of the best equipment on the market.

Miranda Ashcroft, Authorized Bounty Hunter




She's a really cool figure and and a lot of fun to paint.  Unfortunately, she hasn't been that great for me in the game yet.  So far I manage to get her killed before she has had a chance to get into the action.  I'll keep trying though!

Rod

18 comments:

  1. Hi, Rocky. Nice painting. You nailed the leather color right on the head! You know, for a retired Spacer, I sure do like those high heeled leather boots.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jay! I have to admit when I was painting her I thought the high heels might be a bit of a hassle for combat... But if a retired Spacer such as yourself gives them the nod of approval then who am I to say differently?? :)

      Delete
  2. Happy to see you back to the brushes Rod...and happy to know you enjoy your job, two fundamental things in life! A fantastic pose, so dynamic, and a great paint brush, the expression of the face is so determined...nice bases as well...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much Phil. Glad to be back! :)

      Delete
  3. Welcome back blogger :)
    Miniature looking really great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a great pose, although I would be worried that I would knock her over with my clumsiness! Love what you have done with the base too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Luckily the figures are pretty light, but I'll be showing one later that I have to admit I'm a little afraid I'm going to break at some point just being clumsy! Thanks!

      Delete
  5. Great mini Rod, I specially like the green of the blade!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sander! It has a monfilament blade so she's very nasty in close combat. :)

      Delete
  6. I just keep plugging away at the blogging, it helps keep the mojo going.

    Really nice piece of work on the mini.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Fred. The blogging is not so bad, neither is the painting, but getting the equipment out to take pictures always feels like a hassle!

      Delete
  7. Very nice model and superb painting!
    The Blue-jean pants are perfectlly done!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Agree with the above, amazing job, especially on the pants, really keen detail.

    ReplyDelete