Tuesday, December 12, 2017

Aleph - Asuras

A while back I started my second faction for Infinity.  I do enjoy playing Nomads, but I thought it would be nice to have a second faction for two reasons, 1) variety, so I can play something different from time to time, and 2) so I can give demo games at the store for someone who might be interested in trying out the game.  So who did I pick?  I decided to go with the Nomads bitter enemy, the Artificial Intelligence ALEPH.

From Corvus Belli's site:
ALEPH is the name of the single Artificial Intelligence that oversees the data network of the Human Sphere and most major international technological systems. The scope of its responsibilities is so broad that, in service of Humanity and under O-12 supervision, a whole organizational structure has been created around it to assist in its functions. To fulfill its mission, ALEPH oversees a sizable fraction of all human activity as a sort of friendly, inconspicuous Big Brother whose only goal seems to be aiding us. And yet ALEPH does have enemies. The Nomad Nation has a bitter hatred for the only legitimate AI, convinced that Humanity is but a hapless puppet furthering its secret agenda. And there is also the Evolved Intelligence, whose confrontations with ALEPH are clashes of titans on an epic scale.

I really do like the look of a lot of their figures, so that was a deciding factor as well.  One cool thing about Aleph is they have a whole portion of their army based on a Greek theme.  They have Achilles, Hector, Ajax, etc... for now I'll be working on some of the regular Aleph troops.

First off is the Asuras.  These elite heavy infantry and bio-engineered with highly absorbent sub-dermal armor plates.  They make good storm troops and can really take a lot of damage.  No matter how hot the fire, you don't have to worry about them retreating either.



Ha, it never fails that I find cat hairs in my pictures!

Rod

15 comments:

  1. Nice painting, Rocky. I vote for her to be a General of her unit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your fine brushwork really compliments the model. I like your color choice too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jonathan. I glad to hear you liked the colors.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. I agree. Corvus Belli produces some quality stuff.

      Delete
  4. Great choice of colours, I know just how fiddly these miniatures are and can only be in awe at your skill!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very kind of you to say so Sander. And yes... very fiddly!!

      Delete
  5. Really great miniature Rod, good job

    ReplyDelete