Saturday, March 21, 2015

Fallschirmjäger - HQ and 1st Platoon

Last year I completed a British Armored Squadron for Flames of War gaming.  With the late war battles of Market Garden for inspiration and the sound track from "A Bridge Too Far" blasting in my head I set about painting the Irish Guard.  That army saw a lot of action at my favorite game store, but now that I've moved to a new house it's a bit of a drive to make it to there to play.  There are stores that are closer but they don't play Flames of War unfortunately.  So now if I want to play I have to invite a buddy over.  Which also means I have to supply a second army.

So, while I'm working on my Mid-War German and Soviet armies, I will occasionally side track and paint some Germans to fight my Brits.  Best part of painting Germans is that I can use them for both Eastern Front and Western Front.  So who knows?  These Fallshirmjager may see action against the Soviets, or my SS Panzergrenadiers may end up fighting my Brits.

Here's the HQ for my Fallshirmjagerkompanie.  I've painted both command stands without Panzerfaust so they can be cheaper, but I have one extra with a Panzerfaust just in case I have some points left over after I add the other toys.  There's two Panzerschrecks to add some punch!

Here's my first Fallshirmjager Platoon with 3 full squads.  You just can't have enough infantry right?? 

And... just to add some more terrain I got some trees from the hobby store and mounted them on bases.

That's the latest updates.  My 2nd Platoon of Strelkovy are still in progress.

Rod

6 comments:

  1. Very nice job Rod, love your Fallshirmjagers...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent work, Rod, love the camo - the guys with the Panzerschrecks are my favourite :D Cheers!

    ReplyDelete