Wednesday, August 16, 2017

On the Fringe of 15mm Space

Hi friends, once again I'm playing around with one of my old, but never forgotten projects.  These folks have been sitting in the lead pile for some time and I finally just said, "Let's paint!"  Well, really I painted and the little miniatures made giggling noises as I rubbed paint on them with the brush.

One of my plans for 15mm Sci-Fi was to have a setting on the fringe of space in a colony pretty far from everything modern.  Think of it has kind of a "Firefly" TV show setting.  The Wild West in space.  Luckily, Darkest Star Games has a lot of figures that match this setting with their "Colony 15" miniature line.  First up, I'm adding some more colonist...




And then there are the primitive inhabitants of the land.  Traded older equipment and weapons for access to their lands.  But sometimes, they don't like seeing what the colonists are doing... or perhaps jealousy and the need to grab more technology is their motivation?  Who knows?  But sometimes they get aggressive and attack weak gatherings of colonist.

Inspired by several projects people are doing with the French & Indian Wars, I took that same idea when I started painting the Zonii.  I thought bright and flashy colors with nothing to give them a real uniform look like the old North American Indians.  Here's how the Zonii warband turned out...







What's next?  I'm not sure.  I have enough 15mm to play some fun games now.  So either I'll add some more terrain for this game.  Maybe some more Infinity?  Whatever the case, I'm happy to say I will be starting a new job on September 5th.  So I have a few weeks of unemployment to actually get some painting done!

Cheers!
Rod

16 comments:

  1. Wooow! thats great models!
    And good luck in the new job :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a colorful assortment of Zonii! Looks like the "Natives" are restless.
    Best of luck in the new job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Primitive inhabitants are so cute, excellent job and beautiful colors...and good luck for the Sept 5th !

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like the vibrant colour-schemes of those miniatures Rod, great post!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice job of spinning the color wheel to get different color schemes for multiple figures. IMHO each one is a totally different character! As a matter of fact, a couple of these aliens have been seen recently hanging out at Asteroid Mary's Bar and Grill carving their initials in her Titanium bar top! "Holey Moley!"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! So true. Just don't make me name each one lol.

      Delete
  6. That red bastard with the green head, I hate him. He shot my Sergeant! Twice! Vengeance will be mine the next time we play!!!!
    (wait, didn't I zap him the second game? Don't remember, but my threat still stands!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He only kills because he cares! Or something like that...

      Delete
  7. I like the, sometimes daring, colourschemes. The fact they are so colourful actually makes them so interesting to look at. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At the end I was just picking random colors. I have a more limited number of paints than I realized in my palette lol. Thank you!

      Delete
  8. >15mm
    How a living person can paint (so good) something that small?
    Are you a 1000 year old Vampire painter? And Alien?

    Also those figures have some Gorkamorka vibes(Diggas and Grot Rebels) for me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah yes... and alien. You found me out! I have to be more careful next time. :) Thank you!

      Delete