Friday, July 21, 2017

Take Me to the Church...

This is another little break from painting Infinity figures as I do some terrain.  My wife bought this for me as part of a village for Christmas to go along with my Napoleonics and other period gaming.  I find painting terrain less difficult than miniatures because I don't put a lot of effort into it.  I try, but I don't find it incredibly exciting.  I do realize that it can really make for an awesome looking table so I tend to go back and forth on how to do it and make it look great.  Months later I'm still going... "I need to get to that some day."

Well, that time has arrived.  I recently painted a figure that I'm excited to show you guys, but first I wanted to give him a nice backdrop.  So here's a church!


At one point I was going to try to give the windows a stained glass look, but all the mess from casting there wasn't enough flat surfaces to do a good job.  I honestly tried.  Second though was to cut out some plastic and paint them to look like stained glass and insert them into the windows.  But, all the windows are different sizes so that would have been a lot of work.  Like I said, I get a bit lazy with terrain.  :)


This is the Medieval Parish Church from Magister Militum.


Next post is a White Wolf.  Can ya guess?

Cheers!
Rod

23 comments:

  1. Very nice Rod, medieval churches are always useful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Churches are always useful in wargames, this looks really good Rod!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks dGG. I plan to put it to plenty of use.

      Delete
  3. Well that looks rather splendid, nicely done Rod.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great looking building, I feel your pain; I love well looking terrain but woild rather use my time painting figures not terrain.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad I'm not the only one Sander! Thanks!

      Delete
  5. Not bad, not bad at all.
    I like the model, there's no mistaking on what it represents.
    A great change of pace no doubt.

    ReplyDelete