Wednesday, March 29, 2017

Distractions...distractions...distractions...

So I've been a bit quiet here lately.  I was getting a little burned out by the last two weeks of the Painting Challenge.  I didn't even bother to paint my last bonus round entry even though it was primed and ready to go.  Partly because the entry that won the 4th round was a miniature of Emiliano Zapata, and my planned entry for the 5th round was Francisco Villa and a camera crew.  Following up the 4th round winner with another Mexican Revolution entry just seemed lame.

In addition to that, I had just finished painting my 10mm Warband armies.  So I started learning the rules and playing a few test games.  From that point I found it hard to get back into painting mode and that's when I discovered...


Yes, the Warhammer Fantasy version of the PC game series Total War.  Having played "Total War: Rome" and "Total War: Napoleon" I assumed it would be a nice distraction for a couple of days.  BUT oh man...  this one is really good!!  I think the campaign system for this game is the best of the Total War series.  Each faction has different campaigns too.  I've been totally hooked and have completed the Empire, Bretonian, and Dwarf campaigns.  And just started a Vampire Counts campaign.  This is bad.. really bad.

On a positive note, I forced myself to sit down and finish another figure for Infinity.  I haven't had a chance to take pictures yet, but you will probably see it here in a week or so.  Huh?  A week or so?  What? Oh yeah, I'll be flying out to Kyoto, Japan tomorrow with my wonderful wife to enjoy the beautiful cherry blossoms.  Can't wait!  So if I fail to post any comments on any blog posts for the next week blame it on distractions!  (see what I did there?  heh!)

Sorry the lack of miniature goodness in the post.  Take care friends!

Rod

14 comments:

  1. A really fine game series
    Even if now I am more into Crusader Kings 2 (there is Warhammer Mod too for it)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've seen a trailer or two for Crusader Kings 2. Not sure I need another distraction though!

      Delete
    2. It is not a distraction

      it is a WAY OF LIFE

      Delete
  2. Rambling is fun, isn't it! (:o)>

    あなたの旅行、ロッキーをお楽しみください!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Painting fatigue following the Challenge Blitz is understandable. This a is a HOBBY after all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah. I feel good about all the figures I got painted! Almost taking a whole month off? Not so much. :/

      Delete
  4. I dont play Warhammer Total War yet, but I feel encouraged :)
    best regards!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's fun. But don't listen to me. Keeping painting!!

      Delete
  5. I've hit the same distraction mate, I should have waited to download it......

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds interesting. I shall wait till after we move though otherwise nothing will get boxed up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, you might want to wait. I KNOW I'm ADDICTED when my wife starts bugging me to paint miniatures!

      Delete